Health Insurance

Health and hospitalization insurance: mandatory

Under the regulations of the “ministère des Relations avec les citoyens et de l'Immigration du Quebec” and Citizenship and Immigration Canada, all international students must have health and hospitalization insurance valid in Canada for themselves and their dependents who accompany them or must be covered by an agreement within the health and welfare system.

Students from France, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Norway, Portugal and Sweden are offered free coverage by the Régie de l' assurance maladie du Québec (exceptions:  dental work , eye examinations, eyeglasses and medication) as they are already covered by the
health and welfare system of their country.

If you come from a country that does not have this
agreement and are enrolled in a college with a collective health and hospitalization insurance plan for foreign students, you must register. The annual premium (August 1st, 2011 to July 31st, 2012) is $ 600. For further information, consult the Cégep international website.


Collège d'Alma Cégep de Chicoutimi CQFA Cégep de Jonquière Centre d'études collégiales en Charlevoix Cégep de St-Félicien Centre d'études collégiale à Chibougamau